11th May, 2007.
Vice-Chancellors of Universities,
Rectors of Campuses,
Directors of Institutes.
PAYMENT TO NON ACADEMIC NON ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF
Your kind attention is drawn to Commission Circular No. 850 of 22nd October 2004 on payment of an allowance as per agreement signed between the Cabinet Sub Committee and the Inter University Trade Unions Joint Committee on 23rd September 2004 and Commission Circular No. 857 of 01st March, 2005 on payment of an Interim Allowance to Non-Academic Non Administrative Staff.
2. As per the provisions in the letter of 07th May, 2007 addressed to the Secretary, Ministry of Labour Relations and Manpower by the Chairman/National Salaries and Cadres Commission and the terms entered under Section 12(1) of the Industrial Disputes Act No.43 of 1950 in the presence of the Commissioner of Labour (Industrial Relations) on 07th May 2007, the Higher Educational Institutions are advised to pay the permanent employees in the following Non Academic Non Administrative grades an amount equal to 50% of the Interim Allowance specified in Commission Circular No. 857 :-
|A-04(a), A-04(c), A-04(d) & from A-05 to A-11||- for the period January 2004 to December 2004|
|from A-12 to A-15||- for the period January 2004 to August 2004|
3. This payment should be made along with the salary for the month of May 2007, provided those employees were in service during the relevant period. However, this payment should be made only to those employees who were in service as at 07th May 2007.
4. This payment should not be taken into account for calculation of contributions to Universities’ Provident Fund, ETF and payment of overtime, loans and gratuity etc.
5. The amount required for the above payment should be notified to the Financial Controller/UGC by fax (011-2673663) on or before 16 May 2007. If you fail to do so, the UGC will not be in a position to release the required funds for this purpose.
(Prof. Gamini Samaranayake)
1. Chairman's Office / UGC
3. Members of the UGC
5. Deans of Faculties
6. Registrars of Universities
7 . Financial Controller/UGC
8 . Bursars of Universities
9 . Librarians/SAL/AL of the Higher Educational Institutions/ Institutes.
10. Deputy Registrars/ Snr. Asst. Registrars/ Asst. Registrars of Campuses/Institutes
11. Deputy Bursars/ Snr. Asst. Bursars/Asst. Bursars of Campuses/Institutes
12. Chief Internal Auditor/UGC
13. Govt. Audit Superintendents of Universities
14. Snr. Asst. Int. Auditors/Asst. Int. Auditors of HEIs
15. Secretaries of Trade Unions
File No. UGC/HR/2/9/86