11th May, 2007.
Vice-Chancellors of Universities,
Rectors of Campuses,
Directors of Institutes.
PAYMENT OF MONTHLY COMPENSATORY ALLOWANCE
Your kind attention is drawn to the provisions pertaining to payment of Monthly Compensatory Allowancereferred to in Commission Circular No. 724 of 23.01.1998 as amended by Commission Circular No. 750 of 27.08.1999 and Commission Circular No. 770 of 05.10.2000.
2. As per the provisions in the letter of 07.05.2007 addressed to the Secretary, Ministry of Labour Relations and Manpower by the Chairman/National Salaries and Cadres Commission and the terms entered under Section 12(1) of the Industrial Disputes Act No.43 of 1950 in the presence of the Commissioner of Labour (Industrial Relations) on 07th May 2007, the Higher Educational Institutions are advised to pay the Monthly Compensatory Allowance for the period from 22 September 2004 to 31 December 2005 as specified in the above Circulars, to all permanent employees who joined the University System on or after 04 March 1997. This payment should be made along with the salary for the month of May 2007, provided they were in service during the relevant period. However, this payment should be made only to those employees who were in service as at 07th May 2007.
3. This allowance should not be taken into account for calculation of contributions to Universities’ Provident Fund, ETF and payment of overtime, loans and gratuity etc
4. The amount required for payment of the above allowance should be notified to the Financial Controller/UGC by fax (011-2673663) on or before 16 May 2007. If you fail to do so, the UGC will not be in a position to release the required funds for this purpose.
(Prof. Gamini Samaranayake)
1. Chairman's Office / UGC
3. Members of the UGC
5. Deans of Faculties
6. Registrars of Universities
7 . Financial Controller/UGC
8 . Bursars of Universities
9 . Librarians/SAL/AL of the Higher Educational Institutions/ Institutes.
10. Deputy Registrars/ Snr. Asst. Registrars/ Asst. Registrars of Campuses/Institutes
11. Deputy Bursars/ Snr. Asst. Bursars/Asst. Bursars of Campuses/Institutes
12. Chief Internal Auditor/UGC
13. Govt. Audit Superintendents of Universities
14. Snr. Asst. Int. Auditors/Asst. Int. Auditors of HEIs
15. Secretaries of Trade Unions
File No: UGC/HR/3/9/48