03rd July, 2007.
Vice-Chancellors of Universities,
Rectors of Campuses,
Directors of Institutes.
Payment of Increments in Recognition of Educational/ Professional Qualifications to the Non-Academic Non Administrative Staff
Your kind attention is invited to Commission circular No.714 of 25th August 1997 and the letter No. UGC /HR/2/3/114 of 10th September 2005 on the above subject.
The University Grants Commission at its 720th meeting held on 05th October 2006 decided to recognise the undermentioned Diploma Courses too in granting two increments to all non academic, non administrative grades subject to the conditions stipulated in Commission Circular No. 714 dated 25th August 1997 and letter No.UGC/HR/2/3/114 dated 10th September 2005 where they are not in consistent with this Circular.
- National Diploma in Engineering Sciences, Technician Training Institute, Katunayake.
- Diploma in Agriculture, Schools of Agriculture (Peradeniya, Kundasale, Angunakolapelassa, Pelvehera)
- Diploma in Technology (Agriculture). Technical Institute of Hardy, Ampara,
- Diploma in Agriculture Acquinas College, Colombo.
- Diploma in Advanced English for Administration & Academic Purposes, University of Colombo.
- Diploma in Engineering Technology, Open University of Sri Lanka.
- Diploma in Laboratory Technicians' Training Institute of Chemistry.
The provisions of this Circular are effective from 01.12.2006.
Please take action accordingly.
(Prof. Gamini Samaranayake)
2. Members of the UGC
4. Deans of Faculties
5. Registrars of Universities
6 . Financial Controller/UGC
7 . Bursars of Universities
8 . Librarians/SAL/AL of the Higher Educational Institutions/ Institutes.
9. Deputy Registrars/ Snr. Asst. Registrars/ Asst. Registrars of Campuses/Institutes
10. Deputy Bursars/ Snr. Asst. Bursars/Asst. Bursars of Campuses/Institutes
11. Chief Internal Auditor/UGC
12. Govt. Audit Superintendents of Universities
13. Snr. Asst. Int. Auditors/Asst. Int. Auditors of HEIs
14. Secretaries of Trade Unions
File No. UGC/HR/6/5/10