23rd August, 2007.
Vice-Chancellors of Universities,
Rectors of Campuses,
Directors of Institutes.
PRESENTATION OF LONG SERVICE AWARD TO UNIVERSITY EMPLOYEES
Your attention is drawn to Commission Circular No.696 dated 27th January 1997 on the above subject.
2. The Commission at its 727th meeting decided to substitute para 3 of the Commission Circular No.696 with the following paragraph:
“Governing Authorities are authorized to make their own decisions relating to the design , size, model and the nature of the medal/plaque, provided the cost does not exceed Rs. 1500/-. Please note that the university employees should be given the opportunity to receive Bronze, Silver, Gold plated Medals and Wall Plaque on completion of 25 years ,30 years, 35 years and 40 years of service respectively instead of awarding one medal for their satisfactory continuous service of 25 years or more”.
3. All employees in the University System who have completed a period of satisfactory continuous service of 25 years or more in the Higher Educational Institutions/ Institutes/ Campus/ UGC should be rewarded on the following basis in recognition of their continuous service to the University System.
(a) 25 years of meritorious service Rs.5000/- and a Bronze Medal
(b) 30 years of meritorious service Rs.7500/- and a Silver Medal
(c) 35 years of meritorious service Rs.10000/- and a Gold plated Medal
(d) 40 year of meritorious service Rs. 15000/- and a Wall Plaque
4. The other provisions of the Commission Circular No. 696 will remain unchanged.
5. Please take action accordingly.
(Prof. Gamini Samaranayake)
2. Members of the UGC
4. Deans of Faculties
5. Registrars of Universities
6 . Financial Controller/UGC
7 . Bursars of Universities
8 . Librarians/SAL/AL of the Higher Educational Institutions/ Institutes.
9. Deputy Registrars/ Snr. Asst. Registrars/ Asst. Registrars of Campuses/Institutes
10. Deputy Bursars/ Snr. Asst. Bursars/Asst. Bursars of Campuses/Institutes
11. Chief Internal Auditor/UGC
12. Govt. Audit Superintendents of Universities
13. Snr. Asst. Int. Auditors/Asst. Int. Auditors of HEIs
14. Secretaries of Trade Unions
File No: UGC/HR/6/1/16