22nd October 2004.
Vice-Chancellors of Universities,
Rectors of Campuses,
Directors of Institutes.
PAYMENT OF AN ALLOWANCE AS PER AGREEMENT SIGNED BETWEEN THE CABINET SUB-COMMITTEE AND THE INTER - UNIVERSITY TRADE UNIONS JOINT COMMITTEE ON 23rd SEPTEMBER 2004
Your kind attention is invited to para 05 of the above agreement sent along with letter No. UGC/HR/2/9/86 dated 27th September 2004.
The General Treasury by letter dated 22nd October 2004 has granted approval to pay an allowance to the permanent employees who are presently holding the posts denoted by salary codes of A-12, A-13, A-14 and A-15 as indicated below effective from the month of September 2004 to December 2004.
|Salary Code||Allowance Rs.(p/m)|
This allowance should not be taken into account for calculation of contributions to Provident Fund and ETF and payment of overtime, loans and gratuity, as it is an interim allowance.
This allowance will be recovered once the revised salaries are paid.
The funds required for payment of the above allowance will be provided by the Treasury through the University Grants Commission.
Please take action accordingly.
(Prof. B.R.R.N Mendis- Chairman)
- Members of the UGC
- Deans of Faculties
- Registrars of Universites
- Financial Controller/UGC
- Bursars of Universities
- Librarians/SAL/AL of the Higher Educational Institutions/Institutes;
- Snr. Asst.Registrars/Asst.Registrars of HEIs/Campuses
- Snr. Asst.Bursars/Asst.Bursars of HEIs/Campuses
- Chief Internal Auditor/UGC
- Govt. Audit Superintendents of Universities
- Snr. Asst.Int. Auditors/Asst.Int.Auditors of HEIs
- Secretaries of Trade Unions
File No. UGC/HR/2/9/86