09th September 2003.
Vice-Chancellors of Universities,
Rectors of Campuses,
Directors of Institutes.
PAYMENT OF FEES LEVIED BY THE HIGHER EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS FOR COURSES OF STUDY
Your kind attention is drawn to Commission Circular Nos. 415 dated 29 th January 1990 and 471st dated 09th April 1991 issued in respect to the above matter.
The Commission having considered the existing guidelines in nominating employees to follow courses of study and in paying course fees decided to introduce the following conditions with regard to the payment of course fee in respect of
such employees who have registered to follow various courses of study conducted by the Higher Educational Institutions/Institutes.
- the employees concerned should be confirmed in their posts.
- the Course of study should be directly relevant to their duties and a requirement for promotion
- such employees would be requested to enter into an agreement to serve a certain period depending on the amount of the course fee (The Higher Educational Institutions could adopt a suitable agreement to obtain an undertaking to serve the Institute).
- to recover the amount of course fee if they fail to complete the course of study successfully and/or fail to serve the Institution the obligatory period of service.
In view of the above conditions the Commission has further decided to introduce a Marking Scheme to determine the eligibility of employees for payment of the course fee. The copy of the marking scheme to be used for this purpose is annexed.
The provisions of Commission Circular Nos.415 and 471 where they are inconsistent with the provisions of this circular will be rescinded.
The provision of this circular will come into force with effect from 01.06.2003.
(Prof. B.R.R.N Mendis- Chairman)
- Members of the UGC
- Deans of Faculties
- Registrars of Universites
- Financial Controller/UGC
- Bursars of Universities
- Librarians/SAL/AL of the Higher Educational Institutions/Institutes;
- Snr. Asst.Registrars/Asst.Registrars of HEIs/Campuses
- Snr. Asst.Bursars/Asst.Bursars of HEIs/Campuses
- Chief Internal Auditor/UGC
- Govt. Audit Superintendents of Universities
- Snr. Asst.Int. Auditors/Asst.Int.Auditors of HEIs
- Secretaries of Trade Unions
File No. UGC/HR/2/9/86