01st April 1997
Vice-Chancellors of Universities,
Rectors of Campuses,
Directors of Institutes.
PAYMENT FOR WORKING ON WEEK ENDS AND/OR PUBLIC HOLIDAYS
Your kind attention is invited to paragraph 2 (c) of Commission Circular No.575 and paragraph 5 of Commission Circular No-586.
2. The Commision at its 488th meeting held on 28th Feburary 1997 having considered PA Circular No 7/97 dated. 03rd February 1997 decided to :
|(a)||limit the payment for working during weekends and/or non-working days to one day (8 hours per day or 2 durations of 4 hours per day) per calender month.|
|(b)||grant lieu leave for the number of days worked excess of one day per month as authorized by the Chairman/UGC/Principle Executive Officer.|
Paragraph 2(c) of Commission Circular No.575 and paragraph 5 of Commission Circular No. 586 have been replaced by above provisions with effect from 1st April 1997.
You are kindly requested to take action accordingly.
(Prof. S. Tilakaratna- Chairman)
- Members of the UGC
- Deans of Faculties
- Registrars of Universites
- Financial Controller/UGC
- Bursars of Universities
- Librarians/SAL/AL of the Higher Educational Institutions/Institutes ;
- Snr. Asst.Registrars/Asst.Registrars of HEIs/Campuses
- Snr. Asst.Bursars/Asst.Bursars of HEIs/Campuses
- Chief Internal Auditor/UGC
- Govt. Audit Superintendents of Universities
- Snr. Asst.Int. Auditors/Asst.Int.Auditors of HEIs
- Secretaries of Trade Unions
File No. UGC/HR/5/3/34