13th June, 2007
Vice-Chancellors of Universities,
Rectors of Campuses,
Directors of Institutes
GROUP TRANSPORT FACILITIES BETWEEN RESIDENCE AND PLACE OF WORK
The University Grants Commission at its 732nd meeting held on 19th April, 2007 having considered the provisions made in PA Circular No. 22/99 of 08th October,1999 adopted in the University System by Establishments Circular Letter No. 07/2000 of 25th March, 2000 has decided to provide group transport facilities to the following officers between their place of work and the residence, or places close to residence.
Conditions governing this facility are given below:
- Category of officers entitled for this facility:-
Deputy Secretary/ Deputy Registrar
Deputy Accountant/ Deputy Bursar/ Deputy Internal Auditor
Senior Assistant Secretary/ Senior Assistant Registrar
Senior Assistant Bursar/Senior Assistant Accountant/
Senior Assistant Internal Auditor
- Maximum distance in-between the office and the residence should not exceed 40 Kilometers. The place where such vehicle should be parked during night should be decided by the Head of the Institution.
- Officers residing in one route should be categorized as a group, and such group should be provided with a vehicle ( A Group should consist of two or more officers).
- Group members should wait till all the officers in such group finish their daily duties, to commence the journey from office to residence.
- This facility cannot be availed by the officer who travels in-between office hours- Eg: short leave; half day.
- This facility can be extended only if the vehicles and provisions for fuel are available.
- Please note that the other terms and conditions stipulated in the above PA Circular No.22/99 are also applicable.
- Whenever and wherever this facility is not available it is the responsibility of the officers to make their own private transport arrangements, for which the Institution will not bear any financial commitments.
- Please take action accordingly.
Prof. S.V.D.G. Samaranayake
- Vice Chairman/UGC
- Members of the UGC
- Deans of Faculties
- Registrars of Universities
- Financial Controller/UGC
- Bursar of Universities
- Librarians/SAL/AL of the Higher Educational Institutions/Institutes
- Deputy Registrars/Snr. Asst. Registrars/ Asst. Registrars of Campuses/Institutes
- Deputy Bursars/ Snr. Asst. Bursars/ Asst. Bursars of Campuses/ Institutes
- Chief Internal Auditor/UGC
- Govt. Audit Superintendents of Universities
- Snr. Asst. Int. Auditors/Asst. Int. Auditors of HEIs
- Secretaries of Trade Unions
- Auditor General
File No: UGC/HR/6/5/1