24 December, 2008
Vice-Chancellors of Universities,
Rectors of Campuses,
Directors of Institutes.
APPROVAL FOR RECOMMENDATION OF THE SELECTION COMMITTEE FOR APPOINTMENT OF ACADEMIC STAFF
It has been noted that certain Higher Educational Institutions submit recommendations of the Selection Committee without adherent to the relevant provisions in the Schemes of Recruitment and Circulars in order to obtain approval of the Commission to make the appointments of Academic Staff. Therefore, the Commission at its 765th meeting held on 09.10.2008 decided:
|1||that all Universities/ Institutes should obtain approval of the Governing Authority for recommendations of the Selection Committees within the validity period of advertisement subject to Section 5 of the Commission Circular No. 846 of 14th July 2004.|
|2||that the recommendations of the Selection Committees, where necessary, should be submitted to the Commission only after obtaining approval of the Council for appointment of the Academic Staff.|
Please take action accordingly.
1. Chairman's Office/UGC
3. Members of the UGC
5. Deans of Faculties
6 Registrars of Universities
7. Financial Controller/UGC
8. Bursars of Universities
9. Librarians/SAL/AL of the Higher Educational Institutions/ Institutes.
10. Deputy Registrars/ Snr. Asst. Registrars/ Asst. Registrars of Campuses/Institutes
11. Deputy Bursars/ Snr. Asst. Bursars/Asst. Bursars of Campuses/Institutes
12. Chief Internal Auditor/UGC
13. Govt. Audit Superintendents of Universities
14. Snr. Asst. Int. Auditors/Asst. Int. Auditors of HEIs
15. Secretaries of Trade Unions
File No. UGC/HR/2/3/113