9th August, 1991.
Vice-Chancellors of Universities,
Directors of Institutes.
Directors of Affliated University Colleges
PAYMENT OF LOANS TO UNIVERSITY EMPLOYEES FOR THE PURCHASE OF COMPUTERS
Your attention is drawn to Commission Circular No. 367 dated 9th May 1988 issued on the above matter.
The University Grants Commission has decided to allow the "Genuine Users" of Computers in the Commission, Higher Educational Institutions and the Institutes, the entitlement to the loan facility for the purchase of computers in terms of Commission Circular No. 367 of 9th May, 1988, subject to the paragraph (IX) on "Ceiling on Loans" being deleted from the Circular.
The section (ix) of the Commission Circular No. 367 dated 9th May 1988 is hereby revoked.
This decision of the Commission will come in to force with effect from 1st August 1991.
(Mrs CS Karunaratna - Secretary)
- Members of the UGC
- Deans of Faculties
- Registrars of Universites
- Financial Controller/UGC
- Bursars of Universities
- Librarians/SAL/AL of the Higher Educational Institutions/Institutes;
- Snr. Asst.Registrars/Asst.Registrars of HEIs/Campuses
- Snr. Asst.Bursars/Asst.Bursars of HEIs/Campuses
- Chief Internal Auditor/UGC
- Govt. Audit Superintendents of Universities
- Snr. Asst.Int. Auditors/Asst.Int.Auditors of HEIs
- Secretaries of Trade Unions
File No: UGC/AC/3/1/3(b)