11th March 2009
Vice Chancellors of Universities,
Directors of Campuses,
Directors of Institutes,
Payment of Festival Advance
This has reference to Establishments Circular Letter No. 2/2003 of 24/03/2003 on the above subject.
In terms of Public Administration Circular No.31/2008 of 31/12/2008 issued by the Secretary, Ministry of Public Administration and Home Affairs, the Festival Advance of Rs.3000/= referred to in Public Administration Circular No. 3/2003 of 19/03/2003 has been increased up to Rs.5000/= with effect from 01.01.2009.
Accordingly the payment of Festival Advance to the University staff will be revised from Rs.3000/= to Rs. 5000/=.
Please take action accordingly.
1. Chairman's Office/UGC
3. Members of the UGC
5. Deans of Faculties
6 Registrars of Universities
7. Financial Controller/UGC
8. Bursars of Universities
9. Librarians/SAL/AL of the Higher Educational Institutions/ Institutes.
10. Deputy Registrars/ Snr. Asst. Registrars/ Asst. Registrars of Campuses/Institutes
11. Deputy Bursars/ Snr. Asst. Bursars/Asst. Bursars of Campuses/Institutes
12. Chief Internal Auditor/UGC
13. Govt. Audit Superintendents of Universities
14. Snr. Asst. Int. Auditors/Asst. Int. Auditors of HEIs
15. Secretaries of Trade Unions
File No. UGC/HR/6/5/1